About Me

I am a PhD student in Philosophy at Peking University, now staying at Universität zu Köln, Germany. My interests are primarily in Philosophy of Mind, Epistemology and Analytic Phenomenology. Now I am working on my Dissertation: Method, Intentionality, and Knowledge--An essay in analytic phenomenology. --------- I also have substantial interest in Early Modern Philosophy, Political Philosophy and Ethics.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tim Crane against Husserl and Searle, etc

Tim Crane is certainly the most prominent and recent example of analytical philosophers who share the visions of phenomenologists broadly conceived, esp. Brentano and Husserl. I think he will serve as a central figure in my discussion of Intentionality too.

His views concerning the scope of intentionality is interesting enough, because he holds a form of Intentionalism, i.e., all conscious states are intentional states, including that of pain, sudden feeling of stress, itch, etc. In this respect, he is against Searle and Husserl, and also Churchland.

No comments: