About Me

I am a PhD student in Philosophy at Peking University, now staying at Universität zu Köln, Germany. My interests are primarily in Philosophy of Mind, Epistemology and Analytic Phenomenology. Now I am working on my Dissertation: Method, Intentionality, and Knowledge--An essay in analytic phenomenology. --------- I also have substantial interest in Early Modern Philosophy, Political Philosophy and Ethics.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Method and the Subject

Now, suppose my subject is Knowledge.
My Method requires that I know something about knowledge already. Otherwise, how I am going to know whether my analysis is a good analysis.

One cannot clarify what is not there, because it is not there.
One cannot clarify without knowing something he is to clarify.
If one does not know anything about Knowledge, what is it to know something. How can we expect one can present us a conception out of nowhere?

No comments: