About Me

I am a PhD student in Philosophy at Peking University, now staying at Universität zu Köln, Germany. My interests are primarily in Philosophy of Mind, Epistemology and Analytic Phenomenology. Now I am working on my Dissertation: Method, Intentionality, and Knowledge--An essay in analytic phenomenology. --------- I also have substantial interest in Early Modern Philosophy, Political Philosophy and Ethics.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Semantic Category in Tarski, Gilbert Ryle and Husserl

The Test presented by Tarski to distinguish Semantic Categories is:

The Substitution Test.

This is mentioned by Mohanty.

This Test is closely followed by Gilbert Ryle in his theory of Categories and Category Mistake.

But, this is a theory-test developed by Husserl, every bit of it!

1 comment:

Ricardo said...

Very interesting. Where is the reference in Husserl?

Thank You!