About Me

I am a PhD student in Philosophy at Peking University, now staying at Universität zu Köln, Germany. My interests are primarily in Philosophy of Mind, Epistemology and Analytic Phenomenology. Now I am working on my Dissertation: Method, Intentionality, and Knowledge--An essay in analytic phenomenology. --------- I also have substantial interest in Early Modern Philosophy, Political Philosophy and Ethics.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Reinach on Hume's Principle

Reinach thinks that Hume's principle that impression has corresponding ideas, and ideas presupposes impression are a priori principles(Was is Phänomenologie, 64).

These two principles happen to be important for phenomenologists too, in some sense: all forms of consciousness are either themselves ideas, or they must presuppose ideas.

And I think this is quite right.

No comments: