About Me

I am a PhD student in Philosophy at Peking University, now staying at Universität zu Köln, Germany. My interests are primarily in Philosophy of Mind, Epistemology and Analytic Phenomenology. Now I am working on my Dissertation: Method, Intentionality, and Knowledge--An essay in analytic phenomenology. --------- I also have substantial interest in Early Modern Philosophy, Political Philosophy and Ethics.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Phenomnenology: Narrow and Wider

In LU, according to Moran's interpretation, Husserl thinks Phenomenology is a descriptive psychology for clarifying epistemological and logical concepts and operations.

But certainly this is a too narrow conception, for there is much more to mental life or intentional conscious life than merely epistemic and logical operations.

But of course it is doubtful that Husserl actually has such a narrow conception of phenomenology at the time.

No comments: