About Me

I am a PhD student in Philosophy at Peking University, now staying at Universität zu Köln, Germany. My interests are primarily in Philosophy of Mind, Epistemology and Analytic Phenomenology. Now I am working on my Dissertation: Method, Intentionality, and Knowledge--An essay in analytic phenomenology. --------- I also have substantial interest in Early Modern Philosophy, Political Philosophy and Ethics.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Two Grammatical Jokes: We are all Naked! & Feeling Depressed

Wittgenstein:
We are all naked, underneath our clothes.

Chisholm:
I have a red book.
I have depressed feeling.
--------------------------
I have a least two things : a red book & a depressed feeling.
And we can also infer:
The book is red& The feeling is depressed.

The two sentences must be analysed differently.

No comments: