About Me

I am a PhD student in Philosophy at Peking University, now staying at Universität zu Köln, Germany. My interests are primarily in Philosophy of Mind, Epistemology and Analytic Phenomenology. Now I am working on my Dissertation: Method, Intentionality, and Knowledge--An essay in analytic phenomenology. --------- I also have substantial interest in Early Modern Philosophy, Political Philosophy and Ethics.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Intentionality: Choice of Terminology

Literature on Intentionality is burdened by a mess of terminology. It is therefore desirable to choose and define one's terms very carefully when one writes about Intentionality.

When developing Husserl's theory of Intentionality, I think it is quite undesirable to continue to use his terminology like: Hyle, Noesis, Noema. But I should be very careful to use terms like: Content, Intentional Object, Correlate, Act, etc.

No comments: